OLO is a tiny fragrance line based in Portland, Oregon. Founded in 2009 by self-taught perfumer Heather Sielaff, each fragrance continues to be hand blended and bottled to order. OLO Fragrance blends contain fractionated coconut oil, essential oils, key accords and absolutes. We are so delighted to have Heather sending us a small collection of her lovely fragrances to us at KINDRED.
Heather likes mist floating through the trees, the sound of waves, the smell of wet earth, any animal with paws, chocolate, bullshitting with her grandfather.
Heather dislikes flip flops, Axe body spray, lazy folks, sushi (sorry, it’s a texture thing), clowns.
TWENTY QUESTIONS with Heather
1. Coffee or tea? Tea. All day, every day.
2. Favorite season/time of year? Fall
3. Sweet or savory? Savory
4. Can you drive stick shift? Maybe. My first car was a stick shift but it’s been a long time.
5. Ocean or lake? Ocean. A really big lake will do.
6.Secret junk food vice? There are no secrets, Reese’s peanut butter cups! None of that natural nonsense.
7.Early bird or night owl? Early riser but only out of necessity.
8. A favorite meal? Any meal involving bread or potato is my favorite.
9. Are you a list-maker? On your computer, or with pen and paper? I’m big on list making. Always with pen and paper.
10. Favorite time of day? Early morning, drinking tea and preparing for the day.
11. Where were you born? Charlotte, North Carolina
12. Would you rather cook, or do the dishes? Dishes. I can bake but I am not a good cook.
13. Are you on time or do you run late? On time unless my husband is involved.
14. Do you buy books or use the public library? I buy books, read them in a few days then wish I had used the library.
15. Do you have a favorite place in San Francisco? San Francisco is my favorite city so I’m happy to be anywhere in it.
16. Do you consider yourself an optimist? Nope.
17. Cats or dogs? Neither or both? Both. I’ve never gone more than a few months without a cat though. I love cats hard!
18. Are you able to go to the grocery store and buy only what’s on your list? I buy what’s on my list, plus one. There is always a plus one.
19. Are you good at math? Not without a calculator.
20. Do you read your horoscope? All the time. Capricorn’s rule.