We are so happy to introduce Luminologyto the line up for KINDRED! Troubled by the endless sea of mindless pick-me-ups and disposable products in today’s market, Angela Sands sought out to introduce a product that would stand the test of time – both in quality and timeless beauty. Thus, in February of 2010, Luminology was born.
Marrying a clean, modern aesthetic with the time-honored tradition of pottery-making, Angela designes candles inspired by a love for the soft crackle of oversized cement ﬁre pits. Hand-crafted by local artisans daily, each porcelain vessel represents the beauty in imperfection; the elegance in the everyday. We think her ideology, aesthetic, and just plain beautiful product make Luminology the perfect addition to KINDRED.
Made with pure ingredients and minimal packaging, Luminology is an expression of restraint and simplicity. Angela describes herself as much the same, seeking to live a life with mindful intention and effortless beauty. She currently live in Davenport, Iowa, with her husband and two perfectly imperfect children.
Angela likes scuba diving, piano concertos, dreaming while awake, flying while asleep, linen, James Bond, mountains, horses, a good cup of chai, freedom
Angela dislikes knick-knacks, snakes, cliques, acrylic, conflict, hot dogs, smelly taxi cabs, spam
20 Questions with Angela
1. What’s the last great book you read, or just an all-time favorite? Currently Reading: Eat and Run; My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness. All-Time Favorite: Autobiography of a Yogi.
2. Favorite season/time of year? Spring and Autumn
3. Can you drive stick shift? Yep!
4. Favorite type of pen and/or pencil? Sharpie retractable pen
5. Tell us an odd/random fact about yourself: I love riding my own motorcycle.
6. Ocean or lake? Ocean
7.Secret junk food vice? Doritos
8.Early bird or night owl? Night Owl
9. Are you a list-maker? On your computer, or with pen and paper? I have random lists everywhere; on paper, on computer, on apps. It’s out of control!
10. Favorite time of day? Dawn and dusk
11. Some people do, some people don’t: do you wear hats? Yes!
12. Where were you born? Des Moines, Iowa
13. Would you rather cook, or do the dishes? Cook
14. Are you spontaneous or do you like to plan ahead? Spontaneous
15. Do you buy books or use the public library? Both. I love the library and bookstore equally. The library is GENIUS when you have kids who love to read.
16. Do you have a favorite place in San Francisco? Golden Gate Bridge
17. Do you consider yourself an optimist? I am hopelessly optimistic. HA!
18. Cats or dogs? Neither or both? Dogs
19. Favorite color? Colors in the sunset
20. Are you good at card and board games? No.
*all photos courtesy of Luminology