Teresa Robinson makes each piece of Stone & Honey jewelry by hand in her Portland Studio. Her lastest collection, Arcos, is inspired by the makers of the early modernist craft movement, and incorporates original cast and hand tooled brass shapes with woven waxed linen.
When she’s not in the studio, Teresa spends her time working on fixing up her 1954 ranch house, cooking good food with good people, and getting bossed around by her terrier, Marcelle, and 5 opinionated chickens.
Teresa dislikes: raw oysters, reality television, gerber daisies, Portland drivers, and overcooked anything.
1. Coffee or tea? Coffee forever.
2. What’s the last great book you read, or just an all-time favorite? I really loved Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.
3. Favorite season/time of year? Early fall in the Pacific Northwest is pretty magical.
4. Sweet or savory? This question is too hard. I like all the things! Salty/sweet.
5. Album you have on repeat right now? About to wear out the new Catpower album. Also, The Freewheeling Bob Dylan is getting a lot of play lately.
6. Can you drive stick shift? YES. Everyone should know how to drive a stick shift.
7. Favorite type of pen and/or pencil? .5 mm Micron
8. Tell us an odd/random fact about yourself: I was home-schooled for 2nd & 3rd grade. My mom taught me fractions by baking. I would make things with her, and have to double the recipe and figure out the new measurements. I still make an excellent chocolate chip cookie as a result.
9. Ocean or lake? Ocean. The ocean can make everything better.
10.Secret junk food vice? I have to pick just one? I do really love a cheeto.
11. Early bird or night owl? Night owl. Always have been.
12. A favorite meal? I kind of think nothing can beat a really well roasted chicken, some good greens, and roasted potatoes.
13. Are you a list-maker? On your computer, or with pen and paper? Yes. Pen & paper. It’s really just an excuse to always ‘need’ to get a new fancy notebook.
14. Where were you born? Seattle, WA.
15. Would you rather cook, or do the dishes? Cook! For sure.
16. Do you dance in public or would you rather not? How many cocktails are you buying me?
17. Do you have a favorite place in San Francisco? Drinking Blue Bottle coffee at the ferry building, picnic in Delores Park, my best friends’ house in Oakland.
18. Cats or dogs? Dogs. I’m about to make myself very unpopular by saying that I really don’t like cats.
19. Are you able to go to the grocery store and buy only what’s on your list? Erm, not so much. The dark chocolate/sea salt almonds at TJ’s are never on my list, but they always seem to end up in the cart.
20. Are you good at math? See above Re: Math + Cookies